This page lists the versions of Nyx and the changes you should expect between them. Nyx uses semantic versioning:
major.minor.patch. You will not encounter any breaking changes between versions which share the same major version. For example, whatever code you develop for version
1.0.0 will also work for version
You may find an approximate roadmap here. It's important to note that Chris Rabotin develops this toolkit on his free time and is not paid for this development. Therefore milestone deadlines tend to slip.
Previous version: 0.0.23
- Propagations can now generate interpolated trajectories (using a Lagrange interpolation). This follows a multithreaded Map-Reduce pattern so no computational slowdown is noticeable.
- B-Plane targeting for interplanetary mission design
- Import/export trajectories from STK, GMAT, or a custom format.
- Thorough documentation (this website is new!).
- Direct multiple shooting for low-thrust optimization
- Event finding has been moved to interpolated trajectories allowing for significantly increased precision. For example, Nyx can now detect an upcoming Eclipse event as soon as the Penumbra reaches 2% of shadowing. It is also possible to search for any orbital event in any celestial frame.
- Propagation conditional stopping has been moved to the interpolated trajectories allowing for propagation until a specific event in another frame. For example, Nyx can propagate a spacecraft in the EME2000 frame but stop the propagation on the third passage after true anomaly in a Moon J2000 frame is at 35.2 degrees.
- Full refactoring of
Dynamics, which is how the equations of motions are modeled.
- Switch to hifitime 2.x. This computes time using fractions allowing for picosecond precision, likely one of the more precise time computation software so far.
- Fixed eclipsing computation and solar radiation pressure computation, validated against GMAT
- Fixed body fixed rotations to/from inertial frames, now validated against SPICE
- Fixed spherical harmonics when the integration frame has a different center than the harmonics frame (it now performs the translation correctly instead of only doing a rotation which was wrong).